Settings for the Media Player
You will need to be logged into the website. You will notice that any changes that you make on the Settings page will be displayed on the media player at the bottom of the page so that you can preview them before making the final changes.
1. Click the Media Player link on the Welcome Menu. You could also click the Configure link beside the Media Player link on the Welcome Menu.
2. Then click the Settings link at the top of the page.
3. The first box allows you to choose from presets of color that have been created. After you choose a preset, the media player at the bottom of the page will change so you can preview what the player will look like.
4. In the next box you can type in a link for the header. The header is the area above where the video plays on the left side of the media player. If this area is linked, a visitor will be able to click on it and go to another website or a page on your website. You aren’t required to have a link for the header.
5. You can create a custom image and upload it to the website for the header. Note: the image needs to be 400 pixels wide by 100 pixels high. You can upload it to any of the folders under Image and File Management. Then you will type in the box labeled Header Background Image where the image is located. Example: site/1/images/nameofimage.jpg
6. In the next box you can type the text that you would like to display in the header.
7. The next area allows you to create your own custom look. If you don’t want to use a preset, this area will allow you to change all of the colors on the media player.
|a. The first box will change the color of the text that displays in the header.
b. The second box will change the color of the skin. The skin is essentially the container of the player.
c. The third box allows you to change the color of the skin background.
d. The fourth box will change the color of the channel label on the right side of the player.
e. The fifth box will change the color of the title text that displays on the channel label.
f. The sixth box will change the amount of gloss applied to the channel label. The gloss will affect how much the labels look like buttons. The higher the number the greater the 3D effect. You can type any number between 1-100 in this box.
g. The seventh box will change the color of the icons. The icons are the play, pause, stop, etc. buttons at the bottom of the player.
h. The eighth box will change the color of the icons when a visitor holds their mouse over the icon.
i. The ninth box will change the color of the bar that goes across the bottom of the left side of the player to allow a visitor to move forward in the video.
j. The tenth box will change the color of the scroll bar on the far right side of the player that allows a visitor to scroll through the list of channels available.
k. The last box allows you to change the color of the text at the very bottom that tells you what is playing in the media player.
8. Once you have made all of the changes that you wish to make, you can click the Save and Exit button.