Create Your Own Custom Channel
Make sure that you have both the media player and podcast feed modules activated on your website. You will need to be logged into the website as well.
1. Click on the Configure link next to the Podcast Feed link. There will be links at the top of the next page like this: Add Podcast | Edit Podcast | Public Podcast List | Podcast Stats | Edit Settings.
2. Click on the link that says Edit Settings.
3. The first section on this page deals with channels. There will be 2 links: Add Channel | Edit Default Channel. You will want to click on the link that says Add Channel.
4. On the next page you will add the information pertaining to your channel. You can submit this channel to Apple iTunes for people to subscribe with their ipod.
All of the information that you fill in on this page will appear in iTunes after you have submitted the channel. The only information from this page that will appear on your website will be the title of the channel. The information that is required on this page is just the title. You can have many channels on your website for different types of files that you may wish to add. This feature will help you stay organized.
5. After you are finished on this page, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
6. After you click the Save button, you will be taken back to the Podcast page. Next you will click the Add Podcast link. Your channel will not display until you have added at least one file under that channel.
7. You will select the channel that you have created from the drop down box at the beginning of the page. Then follow the instructions for adding your file as a podcast.
8. Once you have clicked the Save button, you will be taken back to the Podcast page again. Towards the bottom of the page, you will see your channel listed with the file that you have added under it.
9. Your next step will be to copy the link that displays beside the title of your channel. The link will look similar to this: http://test.adventistchurchconnect.com/podcast.php?channel=2. You will use this link to add your channel to the Media Player.
10. Then follow the instructions for adding a channel to the Media Player. The title that you type in the media player doesn’t have to be the same as the title that you used for the channel under the Podcast Feed module.